I love a good purse. Over the years, I’ve learned that shopping for a purse is really not as stressful as we sometimes make it. The trick is knowing the features you absolutely insist upon. My list:
- Big & roomy.
- Sturdy–no floppy walls!
- Strong straps-not too long or short. Even better if adjustable.
- Good sturdy lining in a dark color.
- No cutsie features that add weight and/or take up valuable real estate(although the cute doll does come in handy for blog pics).
- A top zipper to keep everything completely secure.
- Of course, these demands can go out the window for a special ccasion.
I don’t have the time or patience to change my purse often so my strategy has always been to buy one good purse–not really pricey but reasonable quality. I use it faithfully for a few months, sometimes for only weeks if the quality ends up being a disappointment, but always without emotional attachment. This is a helpful attitude when it promptly goes bye-bye to Goodwill while I go shop for another one.
That said . . . big red purse, I love you!
I’m sure you have your own list. Go forth and find your purse! You might just find it at Artsy-Crafty Babe. She makes beautiful purses, often using vintage fabrics. Very chic and reasonably priced too. I do get a bit envious every time she scores yet another stack of vintage sheets . . . You’ll enjoy visiting with her even if you’re not after a purse at the moment.
Oh, did you like my big purse quote? It’s my piggyback quote from Aretha Franklin: “I am a big woman. I need big hair.” (I can relate Aretha! Although I’m a total loser at the big hair thing. My hair just does what it wants.) Do you have any piggyback quotes you’d like to share? No? I bet you could make one up. Would love to hear from you!